IoT Foundry is looking for working IoT solutions that can bring the Internet of Things to life and demonstrate Halton Region’s position as a leader in this sector.
Powered by 3Open Labs, this is a program that seeks to advance the our global leadership in the Internet of Things (IoT) and increase the adoption of high quality IoT technologies and services throughout businesses and the public sector.
Have you got a disruptive or innovative IoT solution that illustrates the market potential for IoT?
Do you want to actively demonstrate the benefit of your IoT solution through a real deployment? If so, IoT Foundry wants to hear from you.
The first Live Showcase will demonstrate IoT solutions that deliver benefit in a core IoT Technology, Industrial, or Public Sector environment. Successful applicants will get the opportunity to deploy their solution at the MEVIC Labs for a 6-12 month period.
To give you an idea of potential application areas for your IoT solutions, here is a summary of what is in the 3Open Labs at MEVIC: meeting rooms, conference rooms, open plan seating areas, breakout areas, washrooms, kitchen, refreshment areas, display area in dedicated Lab, notice boards, digital displays, storage areas. Regular events are held for and over 1,500 people flow through a year.
During the 6-12 month period, staff and visitors to the 3Open Labs will get an opportunity to see the deployed solutions in action, and where appropriate solution data will be displayed on digital displays and the IoT Foundry website. The Live Showcase will be promoted by IoT Foundry, including a case study that summarizes the benefits delivered and end user feedback (where available)
Wifi and LoRaWAN* network connectivity is available to support your solutions. *being negotiated now
This is a great opportunity to gain end user feedback and publicly demonstrate the benefits of your solution to a wide audience through a real deployment.
- Innovative and complete IoT solution which has clear use cases and benefits in a core IoT Technology, Industrial or Public sector environment.
- Ontario based registered SME with less than 50 employees. (corporate program coming soon)
- Able to deploy the IoT solution within the 3Open Labs (555 Industrial Drive, Milton Ontario) prior to 30th Sep 2017 such that the solution can operate independently between 30th Sep 2017 and 31st March 2018.
- Able to cover all the expenses of the temporary deployment. (TBA- cost recovery basis)
- Willing to share non-sensitive operating data and benefits delivered with 3Open Labs to support the Live Showcase displays and allow the preparation of a case study.
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2017
Selected companies notified: 7th October 2017
Deployment period: TBA 2017
Live Showcase operational: 15th October 2017 – 31st March 2018
3Open Labs/ IoT Foundry may come back to you with some additional questions following the initial application.
For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org